In addition to regular, scheduled interviews with pre-screened and pre-selected candidates, SEMJF traditionally offers employers an opportunity to participate in informal networking opportunities with students who drop by a table in the Student Lounge. Because everything will be virtual this year – and SEMJF will occur while students are attending classes – we’re offering a twist on our usual “table talk” option.
Employers may opt to host two to six Zoom-style sessions called Networking Opportunities. These small-group sessions can either be in addition to or instead of traditional one-on-one scheduled interviews. There will be a $90 scheduling fee, regardless of how many sessions are scheduled.
Networking Opportunities will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 27 and 28 (prior to regular scheduled interviews that Thursday and Friday) at times you choose between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm EDT. (We’re asking employers to schedule at least two separate sessions since students will be busy periodically through the day with classes and may have a time conflict.)
- Sessions will last up to 30 minutes
- Employers may schedule a minimum of two and a maximum of six over the two days
- Suggested times would be mid-morning, mid-day, and mid-afternoon
- Suggested format would be a 5- or 10-minute presentation by someone from your organization followed by Q & A with the students
- Sessions will be limited to 10 students in each session
- Students will sign up in advance, so you will know who and how many are coming
- Students eligible to participate will include not just 2Ls and 3Ls, but also recent graduates and 1Ls curious about your organization (think of it as a pipeline event for next year)
- All students will be required to submit a Diversity Statement, which will be available to you before or after the session
To register for Networking Opportunities, please email our Employer Registrar at email@example.com.